Latest news: Marek Hudon will be keynote speaker at the 3rd European Research Conference which will take place in Adger (Norway)
- Business and Economics Ethics (ULB, ESC Dijon)
- Development and Ethics (ULB)
- Microfinance: Theory and Practice (ULB)
- Topics in Development Finance and Microfinance (ULB)
- Social Finance/Microfinance (Solvay Vietnam)
- Finance (Solvay Vietnam)
Marek Hudon is Professor at the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (SBS-EM), Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium. He is also Co-Director of the Centre for European Research in Microfinance (CERMi), and Co-Director of the Centre d'Etudes Economiques et Sociales de l'Environnement (CEESE). He has initiated and is still Scientific Coordinator of the European Microfinance Programme (EMP). He has conducted research in India, Kenya, Mali, Morocco, Vietnam and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
His research mainly focuses on microfinance, ethics, and social entrepreneurship.
- 2013 Unsubsidized Microfinance Institutions Economics Letters forthcoming
- 2012 Rural and Urban Microfinance Design Issue: An Analysis of Transaction Costs in India Oxford Development Studies forthcoming
- 2012 The Compartamos microfinance IPO: Mission conflicts in hybrid institutions with diverse shareholding Strategic Change: Briefings in Entrepreneurial Finance forthcoming
- 2012 Surplus Distribution in Microfinance: Differences Among Cooperative, Non-profit and Shareholder Forms of Ownership Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 41, pp. 386-404
- 2011 On the Efficiency Effects of Subsidies in Microfinance: An Empirical Inquiry World Development 39(6), pp. 966-973
- 2011 Subsidy Uncertainty and Microfinance Mission Drift Working Papers CEB 11-014, Centre Emile Bernheim, SBS-EM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - ULB